- I was born white, which now, whether I like it or not, makes me a racist;
Monday, August 28, 2017
Fear running rampant!!!!!
I used to think I was just a regular guy, but . .
• I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which by today's standards, makes me a fascist;
• I am heterosexual, which according to gay folks, now makes me a homophobic;
• I am non-union, which makes me a traitor to the working class and an ally of big business;
• I am a Christian, which now labels me as an infidel;
• I believe in the 2nd Amendment, which now makes me a member of the vast gun lobby;
• I am older than 63 which makes me a useless old man;
• I think and I reason, therefore I doubt much that the main stream media tells me, which must make me a reactionary;
• I am proud of my heritage and our inclusive American culture, which makes me a xenophobe;
• I value my safety and that of my family and I appreciate the police and the legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist;
• I believe in hard work, fair play, & fair compensation according to each individual's merits, which today makes me an anti-socialist;
• I believe in the defense and protection of the homeland for and by all citizens, which now makes me a militant;
* Recently, a woman called me and my friends a “basket of deplorables”;
• Please help me come to terms with the new me...because I'm just not sure who I am anymore!
I would like to thank all my friends for sticking with me through these abrupt, new found changes in my life and my thinking - I just can't imagine or understand what's happened to me so quickly.
Funny...it's all just taken place over the last 7 or 8 years.
And, as if all this crap wasn't enough to deal with, I'm now afraid to go into either restroom....