Your clients were notified via a message in their December 2017 statement and trade confirmations. The same message will also be included in their January 2018 statement and trade confirmations.
Going forward, this fee will a be included under the "Reg Fee" section of each trade confirmation, combined with any other applicable regulatory fees. It will also be reflected in the totals for "commissions and fees" on the TD Ameritrade website within transactions and order histories.
A breakdown of the fee is below:
- 1. $0.000119 per share for each sale of a covered equity security, with a maximum charge of $5.95 per trade;
2. $0.002 per contract for each sale of an option;
3. $0.00008 per contract for each round turn transaction of a security future, provided there is a minimum charge of $0.01 per round turn transaction;
4. $0.00075 per bond for each sale of a covered TRACE-Eligible Security (other than an Asset-Backed Security) and/or municipal security, with a maximum charge of $0.75 per trade;
5. $0.00000075 times the value, as reported to TRACE, of a sale of an Asset-Backed Security, with a maximum charge of $0.75 per trade.
6. In addition, if the execution price for a covered security is less than the Trading Activity Fee rate:
- a. $0.000119 for covered equity securities
b. $0.002 for covered option contracts